May 15, 2014

HILARITY






scarf: Target, shirt: Gap, dress: thrifted, shoes: Tretorn
Things I think are hilarious: 
  • People falling
  • Animals in general
  • Humans in general
  • How similar I look to cousin it/ Wednesday Addams/ any other Addams family member
  • People's responses to what I wear
The list, really, could go on and on, but a point needed to be made with the last point. I constantly get confusion by people because normally people at my school do not NOT brush their hair, do not wear overalls, and do not create anything remotely close to the repulsion of the opposite sex.

I, however, do. 

This brings me to the last bullet on my hilarity list: "people's responses to what I wear." I was at a Chinese restaurant that I basically eat at every week. The lady who knows me and my name (this hints that I eat Chinese way too much than I care to admit) suddenly asks me with shock in her voice," Oh Anna! Did you break your neck?"

At first, I was quite confused. Then, I caught on.

This lady thought my neckerchief was a neck brace. HA. To her embarrassment, it was not. 

This got me to thinking. Is wearing a scarf around my neck like this that abnormal to which my neck looks like it is bound with my head by the scarf? Or maybe I look like that chick from those Halloween stories with the "green ribbon" that keeps her head from falling off.

Well, I can tell you this, those things are not happening. But, I now know from this situation that I could wear this outfit for Halloween and people would unmistakably know me as that girl from the scary story, or they will feel bad for me because of my "broken neck" and give me candy. Thank you lady from the Chinese restaurant for helping me come to a realization about the true beauty of the neckerchief and how continually it is hilarious for people to interpret what I am wearing.



No comments:

Post a Comment